Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy New Year!

Well, it's been a bit since I blogged last, so I'm jumping into it full force. Since my last blog, I got married, went on a honeymoon and celebrated our 3 year anniversary of being together. I thought I'd reflect on how Roddy and I met, where we've been and where we are going. So for January, my blogs will be a tribute to my life since I met Roddy.

Here goes...
On December 23rd, 2008 I decided to sign myself up for a year of eHarmony. Why? Because I was so tired of meeting such lame guys, or having relationships that seemed to go no where or have potential. So, I decided as a Christmas gift to myself that year, I would sign up for not a month or two, but a whole year. I knew that if I only signed up for a couple months that I would soon loose interest if I someone was matched up with the same type of guys I knew didn't have a long term goal.
On December 24th, 2008, Christmas Eve, I was matched with this guy, Roddy Jessup.
"He's cute!" I said..."oh, and actor, hmmm?" And I sent him a wink to let him know I was interested.

We talked for 2 weeks through emails and instant messaging, and became friends on facebook. I stalked him and he stalked me. Roddy was in sales and gone for 10 days at a time but he knew he wanted to meet me before his next scheduled trip on the road. So, he asked me out our our first date, on Sunday. "Wait, this Sunday!?" (It was Thursday!) "Sure!" and then I got very nervous...what am I doing? I don't even know this guy! What if he's not as funny in person, what if he kills me and leaves me in some dark, cold alley? 
I was so nervous that Sunday, January 11th, 2009. We texted back and forth all day long about how nervous and excited we were. It was a lot of these: "aljkdfhdlsaglakdsjg" as it had become a joke in the 2 weeks we had been messaging back and forth and was the new "OMG"
We met at a cute little sushi place in Los Feliz, Niko Niko. He told me that he wanted a hug as soon as we met. And, not just a nice to meet you hug, but a great big, I've known you for years bear hug! I think I tripped at least 3 times walking from my car to the restaurant and was so nervous that he was watching from somewhere. I probably almost turned around a few times telling myself, "I can't do this!" But something took over and I was like, "Dammit! I deserve to have fun!"
OMG!aldsjfhlakdjhfks! There he is! We hugged we laughed, it was amazing!
After dinner we had some time to kill so we grabbed frozen yogurt (my fav!) Then we headed over to the Laugh Factory for a comedy show and some coffee just before the show. It was probably one of the best nights of my life, or at least in awhile.
As the night came to an end and Roddy drove me back to my car, I got really nervous again. Is he going to kiss me? Omg, what if he kisses me, what if he doesn't want to kiss me? So, in the rush of nervousness and first date stupidness, I said"Kiss me!" and he giggled and kissed me! It was the perfect ending to an amazing night and what would be the start to our week of three dates!


2 comments:

  1. you're so cute :) thanks for reminding me to let myself go and just love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of the best gifts to give yourself! I can't believe it took me 26 years to fully understand that I must love myself before anyone could truly love me. :)

    ReplyDelete